Thursday 22 March 2007

Lutrador Art

Thought I would show you a scan of a page I have just completed for a Little Fat Book exchange - the theme is Wings and I have used a piece of the Lutrador that I recently painted. I have stamped some swirls in white gesso, machine stitched a paper butterfly image to the Lutrador - which, incidentally, is wonderful to stitch on - and then added black dots using my favourite Aqualip pen. Then I used my woodburning tool to melt back two edges of the page a bit. I used the tip to also melt little holes into the Lutrador to create a lacy pattern. I have scanned the page with another piece of different coloured Lutrador underneath so that you can see the effect of the holes but it looks better in "real life"!

Hope you all have a great day.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Wow Love this the colors are brilliant, I never thought to use gesso to stamp with what a great idea.. I do love your work...