Saturday 14 April 2007

Fabulous Fantasy Fish Quilt


This is the last of the six quilts I made for the 2006 Exchange. It was actually the first one I worked on after my own. It was for Karin and her theme had the great title of "Fabulous Fantasy Fish". I didn't really come up with anything terribly imaginative when it came to the fish (which were cut from patterned fabric and raw edged appliqued and quilted) but I did experiment a bit with the surface - I made silk fusion paper for the background, bought a darning foot for my very old but trusty Janome so I could free wheel with the background quilting, created texture using puff paint and gold embossing for the ocean floor, stitched into it, dyed muslin for seaweed and sewed on small beads for a bit of interest. All up it was a lot of fun (and I learnt a lot in the process, including a lot of "what not to do"!)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Debbi,
Thanks for your comments. I immediatly looked for your blog (I am always curious) and I liked what I saw very, very much!!! Especially the cowgirl cards and the piece In celebration of love. Beautifull!!!! I didn't had the time yet to read it all; but I sure will do that and put your blog in my favourites!!! May I link it to my blog too?
regards
Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

But where's Nemo?
(Ok, that might be for when you've no imagination left!)
Looks great Deb!

Jen Crossley said...

This quilt is just beautiful Debbi you work is beautiful as always. You are very inspiring
Jen