Tuesday 3 April 2007

Little Art Quilts


In 2006 I participated in a small Art Quilt exchange with five wonderful Australian women spread across the continent. As I haven't managed to complete anything creative over the weekend to the point where it would make an interesting photo (lots of work in progress however!) I thought I would share the quilts I made as part of that exchange.

We each chose a theme, a size and a format. I chose "Turkish Delight" and designed it as a small flip over book with mat board covers. My thinking was that the covers would act as a stand for display purposes and that I could always hang the quilts individually if I wanted to. I have them on display in my dining/family room and I just love the fact that each day I can change the display by just flipping over the quilt. I'll take a photo to share later on. In the meantime the next photos are of the front and back covers for my "book". I am having trouble this morning getting my photos in the right spot so please make allowances for one very IT-challenged blogger!!

Hope everyone out there is well, happy and feeling creative! Have a great day, I'm off to work...and looking forward to getting home already!


3 comments:

Smalltown RN said...

OH it is all so fabulous...you are one creative lady....I love everything you have done....wow...very talented you are...I am getting so inspired by some of you bloggers out there....all the amazing things you can do....yes I think it is time I took up a craft....pronto....really enjoyed reading your blog.....

Cheers!

Smalltown RN said...

well i see you found me...and now I am back to check up on you....I haven't had time to craft...been busy working on my property...lots to do....check in on you again soon....Cheers!

Dianne said...

This is beautiful and how cool to hang it a be able to change the work.. See your an inpiration and with your work I knew you would be..