Friday 11 May 2007

The Cream Journal


In 2005 I participated in a great Australian Journal Exchange (ArtShades) organised by Jo Wholohan. It was a great exchange and I "met", in an online sense, a great bunch of Australian stampers/paper artists. I had been in another colour based journal exchange the year before and just loved the end result of the "Neutrals" journal, so for this one I chose Cream. This is my "temporary" cover made with beautiful wrapping paper covered with scrim. I had intended that I would replace it with something more detailed and delicate when the journal came back to me at the end of the year. Needless to say I haven't got back to it!

These are my two pages in the Cream Journal and I thought I would share the rest of the pages in this blog over the next week as the beautiful pages that were created for me should be shared.

For anyone that knows me, it is really difficult for me to personally do frayed, torn, uneven edges and what I call the random look. I think it comes from years of doing technical drawing instead of art at school! Either that or it is just my personality/style. Anyway for these pages I really really tried to loosen up. Look - you can even see threads hanging! The beautiful vintage measuring tape is from a very special length Donna Tew sent me some years back. I ration my use of it as I never come across any myself ,despite my love of antique shops. I find (and buy!) old rulers, cases, keys and locks etc but not old measuring tapes.

I have been working on a fabric postcard tonight and I'm at the stage where I need to leave it to dry (I am playing some more with stamping on tissue paper and then adhering it to felt) but I can't wait to get back to it tomorrow - so glad it is the weekend and I don't have to wait until the evening for creative time.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh I love monotype lo's and especially cream. It looks wonderful. I know what you mean by sticking to the lines - it has taken lots of practice for me to take on a haphazard look, but its very liberating too!

Jo Wholohan said...

Can you beleive that was 2005!!!
Miss Ruby still sits pride of place in my studio :)) Everyone who sees loves your page!!!