Sunday 15 July 2007

Weekend Report

So this was my weekend - woke up Saturday still feeling a bit off so thought I would delay housework until Sunday apart from doing the washing. That way I could indulge myself with some creative activity. Unfortunately feeling a bit off also affects creativity so I now realise I would have been better off doing the housework yesterday! I did get a bit done - I finished my Beeswax Rome ATCs (picture above - they are in their plastic sleeves so the scan is not brilliant), made a fabric ATC for Diane M (pictured at the bottom), started on some napkin/fabric postcards and read lots of blogs! In the late afternoon I went outside and enjoyed the winter sunshine while I painted some fabric and dyed some muslin (yes I was using my favourite Adirondack Color Washes!).

(This is the start of my napkin/fabric postcard - the original napkin is in the left corner and the rest shows the napkin once it is adhered to felt, dyed and partially stitched by outlining the flowers. I love these napkins!)

Today I was back to normal and after a good sleep in and a lovely cooked breakfast (a Joseph speciality) I went to the Boulder monthly markets to see if the "bush scavengers" were back selling old rusty bits and pieces. Unfortunately they weren't there so I went to the craft shop instead and bought a large crochet hook and a few bits and pieces, along with some lovely flower sequins and scrapbook papers from a cute little scrapbook shop (I must post a photo some time as it is the tiniest sweetest little shop). I have decided I need to learn to crochet and as I am going to Wiluna again tomorrow for work for a couple of days I thought I could use the evenings productively by teaching myself. I have gone to the library and got a book on huge crochet hooks so hopefully I will be well underway by the time I get back on Wednesday.


(Re the fabric ATC - the pink beads are stitched into holes that are melted into the fabric sandwich with a wood burning tool - the backing is painted lutrador which shows through the holes behind the beads.)

Today I did do the housework and then spent the late afternoon again outside but this time I was painting canvas boards and lutrador. I could do that for hours! So I didn't really finish a lot this weekend but I have quite a lot "underway"!

6 comments:

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

These Rome ATC's are wonderful! I absolutely love them!

Sandi McBride said...

Good Lord woman, when do you find time for housework? I usually use some excuse like don't mind the house, I don't, but you...do you take a breath? It was fun visiting you, Deb...I'll be back
Sandi (McBride)

Peggy said...

Your ATCs are lovely. I love the colours you have used. I would love to exchange with you. You want too?

Barbara said...

Hi Debbi,
you are very busy:))
I must work very much for our school party:((((sewing trousers) and because of this I can't think of a swap at the moment. But when I will be back from my journey to scottland(three weeks in August) I will be happy to trade with you once more .This will be happend at the end of August . Hope its ok?

Dianne said...

Excellent work Debbi, the backgound is stunning, I lovvvve
your work so beautiful and original.. I've been away and have miss seeing all your work..
I too would like to know when you get time for house work:):)

ilse said...

Hello,

On the first and second of September, my friends and I, together with our Hobbyclub Retro, organise an exposition in the theme of ‘Travel around the world’.

But to make it a real ‘Travel around the world’, we ask your help. In our exposition we want to create a huge wall of ATC-cards. This is why we ask you: Who wants to trade ATC-cards with us?

The technique is completely free and if it’s possible, it would be nice if you would take your own country/region as your theme. It is not obliged to do this. We are happy with a little trade :-) The amount of ATC-cards can be chosen by yourself, and you will get the same amount in return.

If you want to help us, you can contact us on the following e-mailadresses: ilsedecoster@telenet.be or lindadegucht@telenet.be

Hopefully we recieve some positive reactions and a wall of ATC-cards, wich we thank you for in advance.


With pleasant greetings, ilse