Friday 31 August 2007

Wednesday Stamper - Blue (& Planning for a Creative Weekend)

So here is my piece for the current Wednesday Stamper "Blue" theme. It is based on a beautiful blue and white napkin and uses a lovely Oxford Impressions stamp as the focal image.

Thank goodness it is the weekend! I am really looking forward to a lovely relaxing arty weekend as next week I am away on work field trips (and will be covering a lot of kilometres, approximately 26 hours in a car over four days). At least it is a lovely time of year to be out and about in the outback - early spring, before the really hot weather arrives, is such a lovely season here, especially if the wildflowers have started blooming. Maybe I'll even get a chance to take some photos along the way!

I've been reading the Fibre & Stitch Zine that I mentioned in my last post and it is fantastic - full of ideas that I can't wait to try. I love experimental stuff - in my mind, experimental means you have suspended the need for something to "work" - you are just willing to try it and see what happens. Really when you think about it, artistic freedom really depends on experimentation and means the same thing.

So now I am going to go and make my Cupcake piece for this week's "Artwords" challenge.

And to finish here is an extra little "blue" art - some canvas ATCs I made a while back. The text and the checkerboard pattern in the background are uninked stamps which have been stamped into damp paint and which effectively lift the paint off and leave the ghost image.




23 comments:

carmel said...

Lovely composition Debbi, very nice indeed. Hope you enjoy your trip. Cheers, Carmel x

Anonymous said...

soooo beautiful

Unknown said...

Lovely!!! I'm with you in this planning a creative weekend, let's go for it Deb!

deb said...

This is gorgeous, it has a very elegant feel to it.

Deborah March said...

Simply elegant Debbi!

Hermine said...

Beautiful!

DianeHH said...

It's all so lovely! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic piece!

Vintage Papers said...

gorgeous work! love your detail and images! :)

Ro Bruhn said...

Beautiful piece Debbi, I love the napkin. I use them all the time in my altered books, they help create beautiful layers.

Night Owl Designs said...

Beautiful card, Debbi :-)

moi said...

Oh my Debbi, this blue piece is stunning. It feels so calm. The atc's are nice and colorful.

Petra Tillmann said...

Very beautiful Debbi!

Anonymous said...

wonderful collage

Paula J Atkinson said...

Such gorgeous work, Debbi.TFS.
I hope you get all the creating done that you want before heading off for your field trips. The travelling sounds like it might be tiring.

keinname said...

Okay, Debbie...your always invited for a workshop...heehee...(but in Germany!!!!). Nice work...!!!
And it is really a wish to have you...and all my stamping friends...together at a workshop....may bee...here...in Europe...in Berlin? What an crazily good idea...*laugh*

Hugs
Ilka from the Eastsea....;o))

Barbara said...

Really pretty,

Viola said...

Stunning piece, love it!!

Anonymous said...

Love your card Debbi!

Dymphie said...

Lovely blue work here :)

Sarah said...

beautiful, just beautiful

Anonymous said...

Its so lovely Work. Love it.

Sija said...

Fabulous!