Thursday 25 October 2007

Mid Week Art Made and Received

Can you tell I have a lot of trouble coming up with an appropriate title on the spur of the moment?? Anyway this picture is of my second page in Patti Gramza's fabulous little octagon deco. It involved a few experiments for me as I haven't previously painted and stamped on an image that I have printed on inkjet fabric. I really enjoyed working with a different shape and hope that I haven't gone overboard by using the flowers on both pages but I didn't like the ones that were in the actual printed image so needed to cover them up! Besides, it is spring here and I am really enjoying all the flowers that are around the place. Talking of flowers, I must take a picture of some of the beautiful jacaranda blossoms that are scattered through this town - especially in the older parts when people still planted biggish trees on suburban sized blocks (and then spent the rest of their lives trimming them! - does that ring any bells Mum??)

I also received the last of the Tissue Paper Studies from a great exchange on the Surface Design Yahoo group. This very pretty one is from Ingrid Tiffe who has an interesting website that is really worth visiting.

Last night at our weekly get-together at Annie's I worked on my metallic inchies,which are nearing completion. Annie showed me her latest work on the embellisher. Fabulous stuff and this girl is now making fibre ATCs!! Go Annie. What's more she has made a stunning paper fabric postcard (a la Beryl Taylor) so I am trying to convince her that she has enough time (hah!) to create a blog to share her gorgeous stuff. I'll keep working on it...

3 comments:

sharon young said...

Hi Debbi
Thanks so much for your comments on my posts, I've really enjoyed recording what i'm doing and it's so nice that other people seem to find it interesting.
I think your flowers are the finishing touch to this piece, the whole thing works really well, It reminds me of a Victorian favour, (I think that's the word).
The surface design group looks interesting! as does Ingrid's web site.
I'm off to unpack the enbellisher now, so watch this space.

Night Owl Designs said...

Oh my gosh, you octagon page is just stunning Debbi!

Patti G. said...

DEBBI,
the page you created for me is GLORIOUS and I LOVE flowers! The colors, the bird....experiment you did with the paints and all, I cannot wait to see and touch it in real life! HOW Excited! THANK YOU!
Hugs,
Patti