Monday 3 December 2007

A "LOVE" Inchie etc...

This is my little "LOVE" inchie for the latest theme at Inching Artists. It is a square inch of fabric fused to felt. I have added a puffy gold star (cut from a Christmas garland) and then sewn on seed beads to the remaining surface and finished it off by painting any visible fabric with gold Lumiere paint.

This is what the finished silk fusion postcards look like. I used a favourite Anais Nin quote - "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are". I'm really happy with the way they turned out.

I have recently joined a "out of your comfort zone" exchange on the SurfaceDesign Yahoo Group and my partner is Joanna who lives in New York. She sent me this beautiful package of goodies this week as part of my challenge (I love pretty mail!). I will report progress on the challenge once we get underway - we are making little fairy slippers (yikes that is seriously out of my comfort zone). If you want to see some, have a look at this post on Val's blog.

9 comments:

Myra said...

Debbi,
For some reason I can't view any of your pics on this post. The pics on your other posts show just fine. I wanna see! LOL

Debbi Baker said...

I've reloaded the photos Myra so hopefully they'll show up your end now!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Jen Crossley said...

Debbi,Debbi,your postcard is just OUTSTANDING !!! truely beautiful.
Love your inchy as well
Jen

Linda B said...

wowo you never cease to amaze me!

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

I love, love, LOVE your silk postcards!!! They are amazing!!!!!!

Myra said...

Debbi - your inchie looks like a piece of fine jewelry. Beautiful!

Night Owl Designs said...

Your postcard looks fabulous Debbi! Love the colours.

Catharina Maria said...

love your "love" inchie !
Rini - the Netherlands