Friday 4 April 2008

Highlights from my Week!

Well this week certainly flew by (again) and the wonderful mail continued! I received all of these beautiful ATC and postcard trades - it makes for a wonderful end to the day to come home from work and find exotica in the mail box! Thanks to Sharon, Albine, Dominque, Claudine, Suzanne and Rebecca - I just love them. Unfortunately not all of these artists have blogs but I have linked them where they do.

I have been awarded this award by my blogging friend Susan S (who has a great blog) - I am really touched as there are so many wonderful blogs! By the same token selecting a couple that I think are excellent is very hard as I read and love a lot of arty blogs ... but I'm passing it on to Viola (lots and lots of beautiful artwork!) and Sharon (lots of photos and artwork plus Sharon shares a lot about her techniques which I think is fantastic!). If you haven't been to their blogs before I really recommend that you visit.

From Sharon in the UK - a wonderful snowdrops postcard:

From Albine in France (embellished fabric base with a painted top piece):

From Dominque in France:


From Claudine in France:


From Suzanne in Canberra (the other side of Australia):


And from Rebecca Staunton in New Zealand:


In terms of my own creativity, I have been doing a bit of stitching on my March Journal quilt but this is obviously going to be one that extends well past the month as it is nowhere near finished. I have a work trip this coming week to Meekatharra and Wiluna but I don't think a white quilt and 14 hours driving in the red dusty outback are a good mix so I will have to take something else to occupy my hands (I am not the one driving this time).

The April Sharon B has announced the April "Take it Further" challenge so I am thinking about that one but haven't come to any decisions yet! As always Sharon has provided a colour palette (this one quite appeals to me as it is so nice and rich looking - see below) and a prompt/topic for us to choose between or to combine if we desire. The prompt is "With the arrival of Autumn in my part of the world and Spring in the Northern hemisphere my mind turns to ideas of cycles that involve change. Some people see change as positive while others are fearful of change...How do you see change?" This of course lends itself to so many different interpretations so I am going to ponder on this for a few days I think.

This is the colour palette -

I have heaps of art projects planned for this weekend so now I am off to get the domestic obligations attended to as quickly as possible. It is grey and drizzly here today so the washing will have to wait until tomorrow as we don't have a clothes dryer anymore - our old one died a few years back and we decided that as we so rarely have rain here on the edge of the desert, it was a bit of a waste to buy another until we move to a wetter location (in a couple of years probably).

PS Elaine Cooke - if you read this could you please send me your email address so I can make contact with you?

Ciao for now,

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

Great mail Debbi--Do you have shares in the Post Office?

Viola said...

Really great mail, Debbi! And thank you so much for the award. You are so kind! :o))

Ev said...

I love looking at your blog, everything is so inspiring. I fully blame you for my newly aquired textile obsession - I got my embellisher and have been playing with it the last two days...nothing on the blog yet but hopefully soon.

sharon young said...

Wow! Debbie, you really are an international swapper LOL.
Thank you so much for the EB award I'm very honoured indeed:-)
Have a good productive w/e and good luck with the new TIF challenge, I think it'll be a brainteaser!