Monday 16 June 2008

Monday Night!

And here we are at the start of another week - is it just me or is this year flying by?
June is a busy month in this family - lots of birthdays, including my SIL Mary-Anne's big 60th! This is a canvas "birthday card" I made for her - I can share it now that her birthday is past. Unfortunately I didn't manage a very good scan or photo but I am sure you will get the general idea - apologies for the reflected glare - the paints used are Golden's Payne's Gray and Quinacridone/Nickel Azo Gold with some acrylic glazing medium. The branch/leaves in the background are a new stamp (to me at least) from Hero Arts - it looks fantastic stamped into wet paint! The text image is Hero Arts too and the key was a gift from my wonderful friend Jude who gives me all the wonderful stuff that she has decided she doesn't need in her much less cluttered life (significantly less cluttered than mine!)

And happy birthday (for Saturday) too to my youngest sister, Kathryn and to our granddaughter Skye (3 today)!!

My Mum arrives on the train tonight (she will be pooped I am sure after travelling 1000 kilometres by bus and then train today) - we just got a call to say the train was delayed an hour by freight trains. Can't wait to see her - it has been a year since I had any real time with her! And it is her birthday too this week.

9 comments:

Val said...

Your SILs Birthday Card is just wonderful Deb - I bet she was knocked out by it. Have a great time with your Mum and the rest of the family. Val

artisbliss said...

Wow, lots of reasons to celebrate! Hope everyone has fun. The card is great.

Julie said...

I have my Mum staying with me too this week Debbi and funnily enough it's her birthday at the end of this month. She only had to travel 135 miles to get here. Hope your Mum has a great birthday.

Jacky said...

Hi Debbi, I hope you have a lovely time with your Mum visiting! What a treat to be able to spend some one on one time with your mother.

sharon young said...

Hi Debbi
Gorgeous B-day card, what a real treat to have a hand made card.
I can't quite get my head round the length of the journeys you do, we baulk at a 300 mile round trip in our little country, but with our road congestion it can take 4 hours to get there, let alone coming back.
Have a great time with your Mum.

Gillian said...

Hi Debbi, What a Beautiful card, I'm sure your SIL will treasure it!
enjoy your time with your mum :)

Sue McGettigan said...

It sounds like Birthday-rama at your place Debbi, hope you all have fun! Love that card for your SIL!

Night Owl Designs said...

Gorgeous Debbi, what a special birthday present.

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi Deb
busy and creative...love the card and those colours go ever so well togther.I think at 60 I would like a key to my youth LOL.Have a great time with your prescious Mum and family
cheers
Annette