Saturday 26 July 2008

Wylde Women Award

Found out this morning that the lovely Viv has passed on a new blogger award to me - its the Wylde Women Award that was started this month by Tammy Vitale . Thanks so much Viv! I am thrilled that we found each other in the blogosphere and get to brighten each other's days!

This is how it works:

1. You can give it to as many bloggers as you like and of course you need to link to their site.

2. You also link back to Tammy's blogsite
(http://www.TammyVitale.com/)
so she can go visit all these wonderful women.

Purpose of the Award: To send love and acknowledgment to women who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy.

Now of course I can think of tons of women who blog who fulfill this criterion but I am going to pass on this award to two new bloggers - Gaye and Kasha - both of these wonderful wild women live on the other side of Australia to me so I am very glad they have started beautiful arty blogs which brighten my day and provide a lovely way to stay connected! If you haven't visited their blogs yet, make sure you do.

Today's art is an old piece that I made for Somerset Studio using a transfer of my favourite photo - I have used this photo so many times! Today it is cold and wet here - good chocolate weather so thank goodness I don't have to squeeze into one of those ridiculous laced corsets.

And I was cleaning out my photos and realized I hadn't shared this beautiful sunrise from a few weeks back. As usual it is just a quick snap from our back yard so street lights and power lines are part of the scene! It was one of those sunrises that stays beautiful for quite a long time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous sunset! This out of your back door?! Can I come visit? Australia is definitely on my list of places to go at least once in my life! Love the name of your blog and got a great morning start with Violet's diet - can you imagine a waist like that all tucked into a garment so you can't breathe...thank goodness those days are gone.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Congrats on the Wylde women award and thanks, also for passing it along!

Anonymous said...

gave you a shout out over at my blog today 7/29

annette emms said...

Hi Debbi, found your blog via Tammy.It's nice to meet another Wylde Woman!
Love the piece about Violet and her diet, then that sunset.It looks so exotic..mmm.

Lorri said...

Hi Debbi,
I love your chocolate in violets diet atc :) It's gorgeous, almost good enough to eat just like chocolate!