Sunday 17 August 2008

Creative Wednesday - a new challenge blog!

I happened to check out Marg's blog this morning and found that she and Sarah have started a new weekly challenge site for Mixed Media/Stamping/Collage Artists who love to create Art. It is called Creative Wednesday and this week the challenge is to create a row house so of course I had to join in - I love little houses! Check it out and join the fun.

Here is the first house for my row. I am going to create a whole row, making one whenever I only have a few minutes to play. The pretty brad at the top means the scan is a bit blurry. The second picture (when at full size) shows the real size of the house so you can see they are pretty small!

I have covered a Collections chipboard house with a collage paper I made of white and cream bits and pieces and then photocopied. The edges are dabbed with Antique Linen Distress Ink. This house had a window so I have put a little picture (of Sarah Bernherdt?) behind the window and added doodles, a rub-on border and some words from a very old copy of Gone with the Wind.

And while I was typing up this post I received a blog comment from the lovely Sephi telling me she has given me the "I love your blog" award. Thanks Sephi - I love yours too (always fully of beautiful and creative stamping and collage). The rules are - (1) The winner can put the logo on their blog. (2) Link the person you received your award from. (3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs. (4) Put links of those blogs on yours. (5) Leave a message on the blogs you have nominated. So I am passing this on to seven of the many blogs I love - Susie, Susan, Carole, Elizabeth, Anne, Martha and Kelsey.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

HI Debbi, Love your house its stunning i jusy love houses so addictive!!! thanks for joining in.

Willy said...

What a wonderful house!

Gail said...

Love your house, these little treasures are very addictive, thanks for your comment on my blog

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

thank you for the award ! I'm honored

Femmy said...

great!!! love it!

daisy said...

Gorgeous house.

carolann said...

brilliant little house hun well done cant wait to see the row xxx

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful house!!!

Julie H said...

What a gorgeous house and I am sure I will be back for inspiration before I begin on the 40 for the retreat.

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Hi dear friend. Thanks so much for the award... I LOVE your blog too and given an award straight back to you ;D xox

Love the house! I hope to make one too.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Thank you so much for the award. It was the perfect end to a perfect weekend. I really appreciate it and it means a great deal to me!

Kaz said...

your little house is gorgeous, love that a lot.

Kris Dickinson said...

Wonderful row house and congratulations!