Friday 3 October 2008

Creative Wednesday - Skinny Page (& Gorgeous Mail Received!!)

My son Josh came home (unexpectedly) from Perth on Tuesday for the uni mid-semester break so this week has just disappeared - especially as Zach is doing his mock-TEE exams this fortnight. Very little art time for Mum as a result!

But this week at Creative Wednesday there is an open theme and we just have to do a skinny page (3 x 5 inches) . This suits me as I have been really (belatedly) getting into the whole skinny page format. This page - at the top of this post - is not in my "normal" style (if there is such a thing) as there is no focal image but I wanted to create a simple soft coloured page using a largish stamp. Some white gel pen, some sewing, some stick on pearls and some adhesive paper lace...

And then this week I have received terrific mail - firstly my beautiful vibrant September Calendar Girls postcard from Susan (have a look at the enlarged version - it is worth it!) and then today this totally unexpected and totally gorgeous and very textural postcard from my friend Annette who lives in the Northern Territory! How lucky am I?

So glad it is the weekend - I have so much I want to do!

9 comments:

Femmy said...

they are all beautiful, lucky you!! what you made is also very beautiful!!!

Sandy said...

Wow what a softly skinny.
Incredible.

carole brungar said...

Gosh love Annette's postcard! You lucky devil, what a treasure! Hope you're well!
Carole ;D

Gaby Bee said...

You received really fabulous pieces. I especially love the postcard. Lucky you! Love your skinny also.
Gaby xo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous skinny Debbie. I love the soft colours - very soothing.
~xx Barb xx~

Deborah said...

Lovely skinny, Debbi. So soft and feminine.

carolann said...

Your skinny is stunning hun well done xxxx

sharon young said...

Love the sentiment on Annette's PC, a very clever combo of image and textures.
I love the simplicity of your skinny page and the colours are wonderful.
What a great PC from Susan.

artisbliss said...

Does Susan's card include painted paper towel? You're right, it's gorgeous.