Monday 27 April 2009

A Little More Marie...

Here is another little Oxford Impressions "Marie" card - I had so much fun working with a different colour combination (well, different for me!) - just loving my Stampin' Up scallop punch. I recycled the gorgeous little rhinestone buckle from a wedding favour and the ribbon from the wrapping on my recent Verdigris Rose purchase. The white lace is adhesive paper lace which is another current favourite of mine. I tend to find I use whatever is left on my desk from a previous project so maybe I should pull out some under-utilised supplies from their drawers and just leave them where I can see them - that way they probably have a better chance of getting used!

On this card I have masked the Marie image and over-stamped the text background which is from the Oxford Impressions "French Script" plate. The other decorative images are from the "Marie Antionette" plate (and there are lots of very versatile elements on that plate as well).

PS Sorry - I have just realised my scan is a bit crooked - the card isn't though!

3 comments:

Anneke said...

wow this is a beautiful card from marie antoinet.
i love the colors and background

Anna Matthews said...

Beautiful card - I have to get my hands on some of these stamps soon. My workspace seems to be all or nothing, messy or totally clear but another blogger was just saying that since artists are visual people, we should be leaving things in site that we are working on or want inspiration from or as you said, that we want to use - I have to make a place for those things in here too.

Night Owl Designs said...

This card is so stunning Debbi, the Marie stamp is just beautiful :-)