Thursday 9 July 2009

Stitching the Textured Surface!!!

Look what came in the mail today!! I just love a wonderful mixed media book and this one is superb - stunning photography of the samples and such a good balance between close-ups and longer distance shots. It is has just recently been released and is written by the extremely talented duo Lynda Monk and Carol McFee - see here for more information about them and their online classes (in the unlikely event that anyone reading my blog isn't already aware of them!!)

Now I am off to have a good detailed read!!

PS If you were thinking you wouldn't need this book because it has stitching in the title - you are wrong as the stitching bit is more about how you can make sewn things with the textured surfaces that are the mainstay of this book. It really is a fabulous technique based book.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I had been considering purchasing this and now that I've read your comments about it - looks like I might have to! I'm currently taking a class with them (well that's putting it a bit loosely, I'm enrolled but haven't started due to circumstances beyond my control!)haha