Monday 28 September 2009

My September Calendar Girl Postcard

This is my postcard for this month for the Calendar Girl exchange. It goes in the mail tomorrow to Doreen over in Canberra and I have just snuck in before the end of the month!

The inspiration this month was this calendar page featuring Hundertwasser's Green Town so I decided to focus on the green colour and a few of the stronger lines and shapes. I pulled out my Embellisher which has been tucked away all winter (when I most logically would have been using it seeing as felt and wool are much more user-friendly in the winter months!) and machine felted a piece of light olivey-lime stretch velvet to a piece of lime green commercial felt. I added some yummy thick wool fibres (the sort that have colour that changes along the length) for the lines and small circles of darker green and black velvet for the trees, machine-felting them all in place. I added some hand stitching and sewed on a few sequins and beads to add a little bit of "something". And it has made me want to do some more stuff with the embellisher!

I have been making the most of the beautiful spring weather and doing lots of gardening over the last two days so finishing off my little red inchies will have to wait until tomorrow.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Thanks Debbi--I love it.
I haven't even started mine yet-been too busy this month.

Jen xo said...

Aww lovely debbi, i love using the embellisher but its tooo noisy to be relaxing!!

glorious day today....jenxo

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Goegreous Deb
I have long loved green with red and this is just awesome.I like your postcard much better then the original :o)
hugs
Annette